This is the second of a two part study on Jesus’ words in John 10:22-38. In response to the Jews accusing Jesus of making himself equal with God, Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6 “I said, you are gods.” What did Jesus mean by this and how did it help to answer his antagonists? Tim Young and Tom Colby find the answer in the context of Psalm 82. Follow this lead and you’ll see the wonder and beauty of Jesus’ response.
- Previous podcast, setting the scene (John 10:22-24)
- Jesus’ answer is quoting from Psalm 82:6
- Understanding Psalm 82 and God Manifestation
- Elohim = judges (Ex. 22:8-9; Deut. 1:16-17; 2 Chr. 19:5-7)
- Using this to better understand Psa. 82:1,6. The judges were supposed to manifest God.
- Relating this back to Jesus’ argument in John 10:34-36
- This is how Jesus and the Father are one (John 10:38)
- We too must strive to manifest God (John 17:20-22)